Website Building 2

https://thattravis.hotglue.me/

Since the last blog post, I have been adding content to my website, digging up pictures from old projects to showcase my practice throughout the year on this platform. The process was long and tiring, it takes time to write about them as well, I haven’t spend so much time on one task for a long time.

The website now has five sections about my work in different mediums, opera, performance, video, visual art, and music. This is so far the most effective way I have organised my work in a portfolio where I actually fitted everything in. As I mentioned in the last post, I will be focusing on making this site for my art stuff but also covering the current stuff that’s happening. It is actually very convenient for people because everything is in one place, and it hasn’t got a format like instagram or bandcamp or linktree where you can’t edit much about their formats. They are good for different things, but to showcase the broadness of my work the website is very effective.

I am not sure if anyone would actually be interested in reading everything I have on the site, so I added in a lot of titbits about each of the projects, like struggles and limitations I had. These information are so helpful in understanding my work but they were never shared online because Instagram doesn’t really like long passages, so it is good that now I can put these in if people want to investigate my work a little bit closer. From the process of creating cover arts to manifestos that I never shared, these information bridge the links between the final products and my life.

It is really difficult to get all the right information together even for my own work I found, but this process was cathartic just like organising old things you owned under your bed. It also reminded how much I have actually done and it made me feel a little bit better about myself.

Overall the experience of building the site has been great. I also added a column on the home page for all upcoming or future events, I intend to keep updating it so it is more clear than me sharing my shows and gigs on Instagram stories.